We will have a Regional Scouting Cook Off at the 4 States SOR. There will also be an International Chili Society Sanctioned “Home-style” Chili Cook-Off.
2016 S-O-R Council Cuisine Cook Off:
Judging will take place at 3:00pm in the “Pig Roast” staging area
Rules, registration, and judging, please read carefully
- Registration forms must be filled out and turned in to scout head quarters tent on check in
- Adult Scouts will compete against other Adult Scouts. Boy Scouts (Scout-Eagle Scout) will compete against other Boy Scouts. Note: Venture and varsity Scouts from age 14-17 shall compete as Boy Scouts, 18 and older shall compete as adults.
- Adult scout teams will be composed of one or more adults. Boy Scout teams will be composed of a minimum of two scouts.
- Adult scout teams are permitted to have a boy scout as an advisor only. Boy Scout teams are permitted to have an adult Scout as an advisor only. Note: if an advisor touches a utensil, adds ingredients, seasons the dish, or so much as stirs the pot, the team will be disqualified. It is permissible for the advisor to taste, as long as he/she does not handle the utensil.
- All food preparation and cooking will be performed by registered members.
- All food handling precautions will be followed. Chicken, fish, or other meats along with dairy products must be maintained at the proper storage temperatures until preparation begins. Pre-preparation of some of the dishes’ ingredients will be allowed. Once again providing that all safe food handling precautions have been followed. This will include, but not be limited to browning meats, mixing dry ingredients, and chopping/slicing of fresh vegetables.
- All food, equipment and other supplies will be supplied by the teams.
- Each team will provide two legible copies of recipe being cooked. One of these copies will be left with the judges.
- This completion will be a main course only, no deserts, side dishes or appetizers.
- Teams will be required to perform a jingle promoting their dish for judges and at the awards presentation.
Note: Same terms and conditions pertain to Girls Scout participants.
Judging will take place at 3:00pm in the “Pig Roast” staging area.
Judges will exercise discretion with point system assigned in each category. Their assessment will be final say!
- Criteria to be judged: Presentation –visually attractive food 1-15 ______
- Professionalism in recipe presentation (handwritten) 1-10 ______
- Edibility (fit for consumption) 1-10 ______
- Verbal presentation before judges (telling about your dish) 1-10 ______
- Presented at correct temperature (not to hot, not to cold) 1-10 ______
- Evidence of multi-person participation (more points for group participation) 1-15 ______
- Taste test 1-20 ______
- Jingle ( judges will be ask to perform the “jingle” you created to promote your dish) 1-10 _____
Total scoring points this Team______
Comments by judges*