Scout-O-Rama 2017 is proud to welcome Hormel as our Chili Cook Off sponsor!
Last year’s Chili Cook-Off was a lot of fun with great participation from the community. If you click through the photos below, you’ll get a glimpse of 2016 SOR Chili Cook-Off. Those who participated are proud owners of the coveted 2016 Pork Chop Chili Cook-Off Patch.
We are looking for both Chili Cook-Off Sponsors and participants for the 2017 Scout-O-Rama. This is a big event with Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts attending from across 4 states. The Cook-Off itself is sanctioned by the ICS and the winner is qualified to move up to the next competition.
The ICS adult “Home-style” Chili Cook-off activity does have an entry fee of $25.00 for members and $45.00 for non members. Entry fee may be paid at show or mailed in with registration form.
- Home-style Chili is defined by the International Chili Society as the cook’s favorite combination of ingredients resulting in a dish seasoned with chili peppers and spices.
- No ingredient may be pre-cooked in any way prior to the commencement of the official cook-off. The only exceptions are canned or bottled tomatoes, tomato sauce, peppers, pepper sauce, beverages, broth and grinding
and/or mixing of spices. Meat may be treated, pre-cut or ground. The ICS does not prefer one over the other.
MEAT MAY NOT BE PRE-COOKED, in any manner. All other ingredients must be chopped or prepared during the preparation period. Participants will be required to prepare at least 4-5 gallons of chili or more if the team desires.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- The cooking period will be a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 4 hours.
- Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own cooking utensils, etc. and should be prepared to provide a fire extinguisher and washing station, as they may be required by the sponsoring organization. The sponsors of the cook off will provide an area for each contestant.
- Questions regarding set up will be answered at the 20’ X 40’ tent at the North East Corner of Spring lake Park at 7:30am; at 8:30am the ICS chairman will meet with cookers! We strongly encourage participants to read and understand rules for the home style event as listed on the ICS web site.
Below are the registration forms for the scout office. Print off and fill out the appropriate one. You can mail it in or drop it off with the registration fee. If you wish, you can also register by calling (903) 793-2179. The scout office will take your information over the phone. If you have questions Michael Sewell “Pork Chop” can help, his contact number is (903)748-5958 at e-mail or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caddo Area Council Chili Cook-off, P. O. Box 5807 Texarkana, Texas 75505-0807